Thursday 21 January 2016

Clinique Superdefense Night Recovery Moisturiser



For about a month now I’ve been testing out a new night cream from Clinique.  

Superdefense Night Recovery Moisturiser is an overnight recovery cream designed to help fight the early signs of ageing by warding off damage caused by everyday life such as pollution and other irritants.




Its blend of key ingredients are said to help strengthen the skins moisture barrier while stimulating natural collagen and elastin production to reveal hydrated and youthful skin.

I’ve never really bought into ‘night creams’ before, mainly because my oily/combination skin generally doesn’t need any extra moisture or treatments overnight, but signs of ageing ARE a big concern of mine so I thought it couldn’t hurt to give it a shot.




I was impressed by the expansive list of skin loving ingredients such as;

Ergothioneine, an antioxidant amino acid, naturally found in the body around cells that are exposed to free radical damage, helps protect skin from environmental aggressors such as pollution.

Micrococcus Lysate, detects UV damage at night, works over time to help reduce the appearance of lines, wrinkles, and loss of firmness.

Chlorella Vulgaris, a green algae extract, helps stimulate collagen and elastin, while also strengthening skin’s moisture barrier. Fine lines and wrinkles appear reduced and skin’s firmness is maintained.

Murumuru Butter, derived from the murumuru palm trees grown in Brazil, is rich in fatty acids which help strengthen skin’s barrier. Skin becomes stronger and better able to resist external stress, which leads to visible signs of aging.

Clary Sage Extract helps rebuild skin’s lipids, which deliver long-term hydration.




Now, the cream itself says its designed for very dry to dry combination skin which worried me as I thought it might be too heavy for my skin but I was pleasantly surprised.

As you can see from the peak it leaves when swatched on my hand, it is a relatively thick cream but it isn’t overly rich and is absorbed really quickly into my skin. 




I’m not left with a shiny face that feels weighed down by cream, indeed it feels lovely and soft and my skin drinks it in willingly.

It has a really pleasant, comforting scent reminiscent of cocoa butter and is just generally a really lovely face cream.




I think I’d need to use it long term to see real differences in the texture of my skin but in the morning it still feels lovely and soft and despite my concerns I’ve suffered no break outs and in fact I think my skin may even be grateful for treating it overnight!

The new Clinique Superdefense Night Recovery Moisturizer is available in two formulas, Very Dry to Dry Combination and Combination Oily to Oily and costs £40.00.
 
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Dear,

    Very nice review and very new night care from Clinique but what about all the ingredients ? Can you add or send me a pic of its full ingredient list please ?

    Kind regards,

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I applied this night cream ( 1,2-dry to very dry ) and after 12 hours I still feel the vibration under my face.Is this supposed to be an irritation or a sign of healing of thirsty skin? What do you think?

    ReplyDelete

© I Am Fabulicious. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig