Tuesday 25 October 2011

All I Want This Christmas is.... My Own Blinking Advent Calendar!

As a child, my siblings and I were never allowed chocolate advent calendars. ‘Advent is about the holy time before the birth of Jesus and should be thought about and remembered as that, not used as an excuse to eat chocolates,’ my father would say. (Which fair play to him, for Christians, is true)

That said, after several years of putting up with the moaning and nagging from us three he relented, but would only buy one chocolate advent calendar between me, my brother and my sister.
(Yes,he still bought the religious one for himself)

This meant that we had to share, with each of us taking it in turn to open a door, meaning you got your long, pined over chocolate once every three days.

As I’m sure any parents out there or anyone who grew up with siblings can imagine, this lead to many, many arguments.

People would forget which day was theirs (easy to do when your 10, 8 and 4 years old), chocolates would mysteriously going missing from seemingly unopened doors (cough * not guilty*) and everyone would fight over who got to open Christmas day, which arguably had the biggest chocolate behind it.

Still, we eventually grew out of that, but now I make sure that I always get my own advent calendar all to myself, I even buy my husband a separate one so I don’t have to share, but this year, its not a chocolate calendar that I’m going to be lusting over. Oh no. It's this!

Now I know, I know, its not even November yet and I know that you aren’t wanting to think about the ‘C’ word yet (The word being Christmas, by the way)  but I had to show you this and figured that as it is undoubtedly going to sell out fast, if I didn’t tell you now you’d hate me later!

Available from Selfridges now is their All I Want This Christmas Advent Calendar, a luxury calendar packed full of a host of different luxury beauty brands, all in gorgeous miniatures.

I know that £80 for an Advent calendar sounds like a lot of money, but look at the list below of everything you get!

(Plus with a bit of luck, someone special will buy it for you so you don’t have to, then its definitely a bargain!)

 
Lancôme 
Teint Miracle 03 5ml
 Trésor eau de parfum 7.5ml
 Miracle eau de parfum 5ml
 Hypnôse Drama Mascara 2ml
 Hypnôse Classic Mascara 2ml
Absolu Nu 302 Mini
 Mini Juicy Tube 19 – Lychee
 Visionnaire 7ml
 Génifique 7ml
Génifique Yeux 5ml
Rénergie Lift Volumetry Day 15ml
 Eau Micellaire Douceur 50ml
Bi–Facil 30ml

 Giorgio Armani⁄Emporio Armani
 Armani Code Femme eau de parfum 3ml
 Emporio Armani Diamonds eau de parfum 5ml

Kiehl's 
Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream 7ml
 Kiehl's Crème De Corps 30ml
 Kiehl's Hand Salve 30ml
 Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate 4ml

Shu Uemura 
Cleansing Oil 20ml

Viktor & Rolf 
Flowerbomb eau de parfum 7ml

 YSL 
Belle D'Opium eau de parfum 7.5ml
 Rouge Pur Couture Mini
 Khol Pencil Mini
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. This is a brilliant idea! Definitely not something I could justify but definitely something I would love haha!! xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh your joking?! this is F A B U L O U S !!! must, must MUST get one!! xox p.s. hope you also get the chocolate variety this year too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so want this too! I saw a few around last year, similar to this, this is better than chocolate ;)

    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is possibly the best advent calendar ever! I would get this but it's pricey and there's a lot of perfumes which I don't wear. If it was all just makeup I'd buy! Also, I know people won't buy it if they didn't know what was in it to be worth their money. But would be so much better if we didn't know what was in it already for a great surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please... don't!! I'm so tempted to buy this advent calendar but I just can't justify it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I want it so bad! Haha, YSL and Lancome alone would have had me sold :)

    Please check out my blog
    www.blogspot.com/hautefuture

    gabriellasofia x

    ReplyDelete

© I Am Fabulicious. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig